The McEntegart Hall Library opened in 1916, the same year that St.
Joseph's College was founded. In 1964, the library moved to its current
location in McEntegart Hall, a building named after Bryan McEntegart, a former bishop of Brooklyn and benefactor of the College.
Serving both the students and faculty of the College, the library's extensive holdings include books, journals and audiovisual material. A separate curriculum library, dedicated to supporting the College's child study program, is located on the third floor of McEntegart Hall. The College archives are located on the second floor. The first floor houses the reference and circulation desks, the reference and bound periodicals collections, staff offices, computers for student, staff and faculty use, as well as the library instruction and technology classroom. The library's main collection is located on the second and third floors.